What you’ll need:
- Spotify Account
- Google Account
- A Spotify Playlist url
- After signup, go to the Claim Guard App
- Log in with Google Account
- Connect your Spotify Account (the same as your claimed playlist)
- Add the playlist url to the ones you would like to protect
- Wait up to ~3 minutes before Claim Guard has found your playlist and indexed it.
- Please note that if the playlist is already claimed when added (empty title and description), you’ll need to update the title and description from Spotify.
- Now Claim Guard protects your playlist against claims and automatically resets your playlist title + description within 3 minutes after someone has claimed your playlist.
How do I update the playlist title or description?
Claim Guard automatically syncs with your Spotify account, so any changes will automatically be updated within Claim Guard within ~3 minutes after you have changed it in Spotify.
How long will I have to wait before the playlist is found by Claim Guard?
Can I add playlists from multiple Spotify Accounts
It’s only possible to add playlist from one Spotify Account per user.
Will Claim Guard reset my Artwork?
This is not possible at the moment. We are working on an integration to be able to sync your playlist artworks as well.
I got a takedown notification, but Claim Guard didn’t reset the playlist within 3 min, what may be the cause?
Sometimes you might experience longer reset times due to server incidents or failure of the web application. But before troubleshooting, 90% of the times one of the two reasons below might be the cause:
- Make sure that the playlist actually is synced with claim guard following the quick start guide
- Make sure you haven’t added an empty playlist (after being claimed) to Claim Guard, in that case it will reset the playlist to the shape you added it to Claim Guard.
If you have followed the above steps and still experience problems please get in touch with support below. Please be descriptive of the problem, if there are any steps to reproduce the problem, which playlist is affected, the results you get, and the results you expected.